Flexographic Press Operator (1st & 2nd Shifts)
The position would be responsible to safely set-up, operate and clean a multi-color flexographic printing press with UV curing system, die & sheeting stations, and other controls of the press to produce pressure sensitive labels following quality control specifications. The operator will be responsible for maintaining the print consistency and quality of labels that our customers have come to expect.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sets up, adjusts, maintains, and operates a flexographic press to job specifications.
• Check and verify paper stock for job runs, web paper through prescribed operation sequence and make setups for multiple color printing and die cutting.
• Adjust and align print to print registration to the rotary dies including the sheeting / perforating dies as required.
• Makes initial run, checking printing and register, make final adjustments to correct press and obtain approval for runs.
• Adjust equipment during run to avoid registration issues, poor impression, and color variations to maintain quality standards.
• Effectively monitors the press and printed materials for consistency using the vision inspection camera.
• Follows quality control guidelines from start to finish.
• Ensures that assigned equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition.
• Works directly with management on product quality and process improvement challenges.
• Inspects and examines printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, and die cutting to conform to job specifications and external defects.
• Examines job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times,
stock specifications, colors, color sequences, etc.
• Selects and mounts printing plates, installs rollers, dies, and print cylinders in printing press
according to specifications, using hand tools as required.
• Monitors printing, and die cutting of presses to maintain specified operating
levels and to detect malfunctions, adjusting as necessary.
• Blends and tests inks according to types of material being printed and work
• Coach, mentor, and teach other operators to improve safety, quality, and productivity.
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa), along with the ability to read a ruler.
• 1 – 2 years Flexographic Press Operator experience is preferred.
• Able to stand for prolong period of times and regularly lift and /or move up to 70+ pounds.
• Use of hands/wrists/shoulders continuously in controlled movement.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Physically able to bend, lift and move around and stand for entirety of shift.
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure, meet goals & objectives.
• Able to read, write and communicate clearly to ensure accuracy and understanding of job tickets.
• Be able to work extended hours and weekends based on production schedule.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate printing equipment.
• Standing for extended periods of time.
• Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching to retrieve and store supplies.
• Seeing to read a variety of materials and repair machines.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects up 70lbs.
Work Schedules: Dayshift – 7:30am – 4pm Monday through Friday. 2nd Shift – 3:50pm – 2am, Monday
through Thursday (10-hour shifts).